ABOUT THE FELLOWSHIP
The WE-CAN! Fellowship is a year-long program to work with WE HUB, the first-of-its-kind and only State-run platform for Women Entrepreneurs, initiated by the Government of Telangana. WE HUB invites motivated candidates to apply for the position of WE-CAN! Fellow to undertake and produce original policy-oriented research and contribute to the implementation of WE HUB’s agenda of policy creation for enablement of women entrepreneurs and continuance of women in the workforce.
The position is available for a term of one year, renewable for one more year based on performance and funding availability.
The WE-CAN! Fellow is primarily expected to work on policy ideas focused on developing solutions to the challenges faced by women entrepreneurs. The implementation of WE HUB’s agenda entails contributing to the design and implementation of a comprehensive strategy devoted to WE HUB's identified focus areas – Government liaisoning, Incubation and Entrepreneur development programs and financial inclusion for the poor, with the objective of creating knowledge products for policy impact. This includes but is not limited to initiating new ideas for Policy enablement, fund operationalization from the said policy, and partnerships; research and analysis on various under-explored/unexplored areas in policies related to women entrepreneurship; assisting in the process of policy creation, approvals, and playing an active role in organizing policy meetings, workshops, roundtables, and other public events. The program also enables the fellows to gain exposure to various stakeholders in the entrepreneurial space.
The incumbent will be based out of the WE HUB’s campus to be set up at Dr. BRAOU, Road No. 46, Jubilee Hills. The fellow will be a part of WE HUB’s core team, reporting directly to the CEO.
WE HUB is the first-of-its-kind and only State-run platform for Women Entrepreneurs initiated by the Government of Telangana. WE HUB’s primary goal is to ensure any women entrepreneur in Telangana and across India gets all the moral, financial, governmental and policy support needed to startup and scale up.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE FELLOW
The fellow shall assist WE HUB in
- Operationalizing Government schemes for increased access to funding for Women Entrepreneurs.
- Creation of new policy and strengthening the existing policies to encourage entrepreneurship, women continuance in the workforce. This is achieved by working with Departments within Government of Telangana, Industry partners, Business organizations.
- Partnering with Departments within the GoTS to enable and support women entrepreneurs (Rural and Urban) through the existing framework such as DIPC.
- Creating and maintaining effective liaison with CSRs, Central Government and other prospective funding bodies.
- Managing the official social media handles & PR activities of WE-HUB, for an efficient media and social media outreach.
- Analyzing financial statements, forecasts and funding requirements of the incubatee startups.
This is a paid fellowship.